Here are some of my most liked quotes:
1. "The image 'Join or Die' is a well known political cartoon, created by Benjamin Franklin and first published in his article for the Pennsylvania Gazaette on May 9, 1754. It is a woodcut showing a snake cut into eighths" - Wikipeadia.org entry "Join or Die" March 11, 2013
2. "We blog for a million different reasons, but in the end, we're all storytellers. Creative writing challenges are here to help you push your writing boundaries and explore new ideas, subjects, and writing styles." - The Daily Post Dec. 23, 2013 on Wordpress
3. "Dreams are illustrations from the book of your soul is writing about you." - Marsha Norman
4. "Learn to love someone when they least deserve it, because that is when they need your love the most." - Rodolfo Costa
5. "There is no greater agony than bearing the untold story inside you." - Maya Angelou
6. "Goth was sort of the melancholy cousin of punk that says: there's a lot of evil in this world, there's a lot of very mean spirited people and that makes me sad." - Aurelio Voltaire Hernandez from Goodreads
7. “Too radical of a departure from traditional juvenile literature.” – The Wizard of Oz a rejection letter from cristianmihai.net
8. "You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children." - Madeleine L'Engle
9. "There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at the typewriter and bleed." - Ernest Hemingway
10. "Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of the mind." - Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own
11. "The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and lightning bug." - Mark Twain, The Wit and Wisdom of Mark Twain
12. "The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it." - Leo Rosten
14. "You don't drown by falling in the water, only by staying in it." - Chris Downie "The Spark"
15. "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." - Ray Bradbury Zen in the Art of Writing and Somthing Wicked This Way Comes
16. "It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else." - Erma Bombeck
17. "Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." - Pablo Picasso
18. "We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down." - Kurt Vonnegut
19. "Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen." - John Steinbeck
20. "To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard." - Allen Ginsberg, WD
(c) 1999 - 2015 Andrea Menzies FH7 Publishing All Rights Reserved.
Update: Books are out of stock while Andrea packs them to move to Virginia in May. Art and make-up remain on sale.